Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

Online Status: Offline
- IP: 81.133.213.64
UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ANDROID 4.2 FILES
    Posted: 14/Jan/2015 at 00:18
Good Morning All

I hope this post finds you well, below is a link to the latest Android 4.2 files for TD613AD, TD630A,TD730A and PF82MTVA.

POLITE NOTICE - DO NOT TRY TO APPLY THIS TO ANY OTHER MODEL NUMBER WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICK A UNIT NOT LISTED COMPATIBLE

I have tested this update and know that it will load and boot fine, unfortunately I have been unable to test everyones pet hate the EQ issue. Please feel free to apply the update and post your comments.

In the interest of protecting this update from corruption please ONLY select download once the update is on your machine please feel free to do as you will.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y180gvqyllxf8e0/android%204.2%20upgrade.rar?dl=0

Update Insturctions

1) FAT32 Format micro SD card
2) Select downloaded Zip file and extract contents (3 files)to Micro SD

There are now 2 update options

1) Insert the SD into the unit whilst it is OFF
2) Hold down HOME and ON
3) Unit will enter boot process
4) Wait for 3 updates to apply DO NOT switch off or interrupt power

1) Insert the SD into the unit whilst it is ON
2) Go to Settings, General Settings, System Update
3) Unit will enter boot process
4) Wait for 3 updates to apply DO NOT switch off or interrupt power

When update is complete the unit will start the Android Load process this can sometimes take a little longer whilst the unit configures.

All The Best

Craig
KnightSnake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

- IP: 130.89.198.43
NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Jan/2015 at 04:14
Excellent, I will give it a go later today. Very happy to see 4.1 go and be replaced by 4.2 (though 4.4 would be even nicer as it runs smoother on dual cores). But still very cool update which should give new functionalities to the android OS as 4.2 did for the handsets. Is there a list of new features? Fingers crossed for the EQ issue.
Groupie
Groupie

- IP: 82.74.147.36
NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Jan/2015 at 13:06
Ok so here is my experience. Tried the above mentioned update. Downloaded it and unzipped it. I copied the 3 files from the containing folder on a blank sd card. Ran the update procedure by the home and on button and on processing the 3rd file it failed. So the update on my td630a does not work. Any ideas?
nova74 View Drop Down

- IP: 79.21.4.77
ITALY
Post Options Post Options   Quote nova74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/Jan/2015 at 23:17
I currently have the 4.2.2 firmware using unofficial because to me when I tried the official gave me the error.
Craig M View Drop Down
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jan/2015 at 00:00
Hi

The previous upgrade was not 4.2

Craig
Craig M View Drop Down
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jan/2015 at 00:01
Originally posted by KnightSnake

Ok so here is my experience. Tried the above mentioned update. Downloaded it and unzipped it. I copied the 3 files from the containing folder on a blank sd card. Ran the update procedure by the home and on button and on processing the 3rd file it failed. So the update on my td630a does not work. Any ideas?

Hi

Have you tried updating from the settings menu?

Craig
Groupie
Groupie

NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jan/2015 at 00:04
No I have not, I can try that, but I fear the same might happen. I will try anyway... When you tried the update what unit did you try it on? Also did you use the exact same RAR archive or did you get the files unzipped and were they zipped and posted online after you tested them? In that case I can imagine the compressing might have caused these issues.
Craig M View Drop Down
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jan/2015 at 00:52
Hi

I used the files at the link, on a 4.1 version of the unit.

I uploaded from the Settings.

I think as this is an upgrade this may be the option you will need, the reboot option may only work if you already have a 4.2 OS.

Let me know how you get on. I will remove the reboot step from the guide if you are successful.

Craig
Groupie
Groupie

NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jan/2015 at 07:53
Unfortunately no that did not work either.
Holmbye View Drop Down

- IP: 89.150.187.10
DENMARK
Post Options Post Options   Quote Holmbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Jan/2015 at 10:14
Hi, heres my experience with the new update.
I had a td630a running 4.1, I unzipped the 3 files to a blank micro sd card formated to fat32, and ran it using the home and on button. Update ran smooth, no failure. So now I have a td630a running 4.2 unfortunately I still have the radio EQ error AND no sound from any 3rd party apps :-(
Craig M View Drop Down
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Jan/2015 at 02:29
Originally posted by KnightSnake

Unfortunately no that did not work either.

Hi

Perhaps there is some underlying issue with your unit.

Craig
Craig M View Drop Down
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Jan/2015 at 02:31
Originally posted by Holmbye

So now I have a td630a running 4.2 unfortunately I still have the radio EQ error AND no sound from any 3rd party apps :-(

Hi

Have you tried changing the 3rd party app permissions in settings?

What Apps are you having trouble with?

Craig
Groupie
Groupie

NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Jan/2015 at 07:08
I don't think so, everything else is fine, I will try to unzip the files using winrar instead of 7zip.
Groupie
Groupie

NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Jan/2015 at 07:22

I had a td630a running 4.1, I unzipped the 3 files to a blank micro sd card formated to fat32, and ran it using the home and on button. Update ran smooth, no failure. So now I have a td630a running 4.2 unfortunately I still have the radio EQ error AND no sound from any 3rd party apps :-(

For the EQ problem Craig offered an earlier solution, maybe try that one.

Also could you give me an exact step by step description of how you updated it (what program did you use for unzipping, did you copy the folder containing the update files or just the files on an SD card etc etc). I know it is annoying but it would help me greatly.
ooomickaooo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

- IP: 79.85.30.188
FRANCE
Post Options Post Options   Quote ooomickaooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Jan/2015 at 12:04

i don't have the new update for th moment.

but i have already have a problem of no sound from any 3rd party app.
i removed the fuse of the car for the radio and replace it after a few minutes.
And all work grate after this.

you try this...
Groupie
Groupie

NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Jan/2015 at 00:51
I tried to unzip the files with winrar and tried to again update the unit and it did not work. It always fails on the last file. Please anyone else that has tried it and managed it help me out...

Is there maybe a setting I need to enable, maybe in developer options, or maybe do I need to update the MCU version?
Groupie
Groupie

NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Jan/2015 at 01:08
I still am not able to update, any help? Please!!??
Craig M View Drop Down
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Jan/2015 at 23:46
Hi All

OK so it is FINALLY here (fingers crossed) the answer to your prayers, below is the holy grail of the TD630A user.........

MCU update for EQ settings

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jn2i8u77344125b/AADXmWjyXyYxD1O0RwWLs15Ta?dl=0

You know what to do

Craig
Groupie
Groupie

NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Jan/2015 at 11:10
The update worked! Excellent no more EQ problem... now to see if the 4.2 update works.
Groupie
Groupie

NETHERLANDS
Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Jan/2015 at 12:14
More good news! The android update now also works. So everyone that has problems to update to 4.2.2 FIRST update the MCU with the file that Craig gives, after this then update android and it should work without any problems! Very happy now!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>