Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

Online Status: Offline
- IP: 81.133.213.64
UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fitting a VW custom fit
    Posted: 28/Mar/2015 at 08:03
Ok, so I found myself fitting a sample VW unit with DAB today and since I have already spent the last 2 days editing pictures I thought why not get something done for the fans of our VW series.

The unit is question is the PX71MTV but with the addition of DAB to be released soon I believe, certainly a unit to look out for.

Now the vehicle is a Sirocco which I believe although the Dash is a different shape is very similar to the MK6 Gold the process is also much the same for the B6 Passat. However completely different to the MK5 golf although a good guide to that removal can be found t this link

http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=106

So we start with panel trim removers and pop of the stereo surround, just carefully work your way round unclipping every couple of inches until the panel is loose, on this particular style I find it easiest to remove the centre clips with a small flat screw driver.

Next 4 Torq screws size T15, remove these and store in a safe place and with a little gentle persuasion the stereo will slide out.

To the rear of this unit as it is the DAB model it has 3 connections to remove 2 of these are fairly easy press down the tab and lift off, the Quadlock is a little trickier press together the circled tab and pull out the locking arm once unlocked the connection will pull out.

The re fit is more or less the reverse of the removal however...... you will need to run the correct antenna connections behind the dash so they can be suitable placed for best reception. Also as the unit is only supplied with a basic antenna if you have the twin Fakra you will need to purchase the adapter try the link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AN2203-VAG-Twin-Fakra-DIN-Diversity-Antenna-Adaptor-/351347549433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51cdf224f9

RAN OPUT OF TIME FINSHED ON MONDAY

SORRY GUYS
catalin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

- IP: 96.48.54.147
CANADA
Post Options Post Options   Quote catalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Dec/2015 at 15:07
I completed a similar install in a Passat last week but the stereo accessory power was not being controlled properly through the canbus module. Is there anything I can do without re-wiring the accessory lead. The vehicle does not have accessory at the key.
sophia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

- IP: 101.78.226.62
Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote sophia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Dec/2015 at 02:35
Hi,

please provide us the unit number and specify the issue you have encounter so that i can assist you better.

Best Regards.
SlackG View Drop Down

- IP: 212.87.68.130
Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote SlackG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Jan/2016 at 12:13
I had the same issue. I resolved it by unclipping the black fused connector on the back of the unit. The unit now powers down every time I take the keys out of the ignition.
 Post Reply Post Reply