Xtrons Car DVD Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login 

D712SG radio no signal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
- IP: 92.43.65.242
UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D712SG radio no signal
    Posted: 30/Mar/2015 at 08:01
Hi I purchased a D712SG last week delivered Saturday. Unfortunately upon fitting I find I cannot get a fm signal. Is this just a case of fitting a antenna amplifier?

Also the main reason for buying this unit was to provide Bluetooth phone calls. If I fit a mic (mic001) this causes feedback that means the person I am calling cant hear me although I can hear them very well. If I remove the mic the speech volume is very low for the call recipient. Any help here would be appreciated.

Final point I did not receive any fitting or manuals a link to an online copy would again be appreciated if anybody can point me in the right direction.

Craig M View Drop Down
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

- IP: 81.133.213.64
UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Apr/2015 at 01:39
Hi

1) Getting Better AM/FM Reception
Believe it or not, factory tuners are better than aftermarket units. The most important part of the tuner is definitely the antenna. If you have a bad or broken antenna, you tuner will not pick up the stations as it should. If the antenna has to be replaced or upgraded, make sure it is the same length as the original. The length of the antenna greatly affects reception. Lower frequencies (AM) are best caught with a long antenna, while higher frequencies (FM) need a shorter antenna.   Car manufacturers compromise a bit, giving you a length that would work best while receiving both AM and FM frequencies. If you get a short antenna, such as the 1 foot rubber antennas, the FM reception will be poor and AM will be almost non-existent.
Troubleshooting: If you have poor reception, do this simple test: Try a couple FM stations and a couple AM stations. If you have no AM at all, but you get FM, then the problem is most likely the antenna. If your radio can't get neither, then the problem is either a broken or disconnected cable or a bad tuner. Plug a test antenna to the radio to make sure the problem is not the radio itself.

2) MIC002 would be the better option for this model it has a higher gain and is multi directional

3) The unit is not supplied with fitting instructions, the functions of the cables are advised on the Legend of the unit, installation advice can be found ion the Installation Guides section of the forum.

Craig
smith View Drop Down

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Apr/2015 at 03:51
Thanks for the reply Craig

I have ordered the suggested Mic hopefully that sorts it .

I know the Ariel works with the factory fitted radio but doesn't work at all either FM or AM with the D712SG however i'm using a fakre to din converter so this could be suspect. I will check this out.

Thanks again

Craig M View Drop Down
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Apr/2015 at 04:43
Hi

When it comes to Fakra to DIN you cannot beat the item below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AN2203-VAG-Twin-Fakra-DIN-Diversity-Antenna-Adaptor-/351347549433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51cdf224f9
smith View Drop Down

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Apr/2015 at 06:28
All sorted now everything works very well once I replaced the faulty fakra to din adapter I got from a well known high street chain.

Radio is now performing very well Bluetooth excellent with the correct mic.

thanks for the excellent support Craig

gingeee85 View Drop Down

- IP: 94.3.101.13
UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote gingeee85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Apr/2015 at 03:18
what does that device do that you posted craig? would it be agood idea for me to get one as my signal is bad
Craig M View Drop Down
Super Admin Group
Super Admin Group
Technical Support

UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote Craig M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Apr/2015 at 01:47
Hi

The device posted is supposed to activate the amplifiers and emulate the diversity tuner that is lost when the OEM unit is removed.
 Post Reply Post Reply