Xtrons Car DVD Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login 

Help with specifying the unit and more

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
- IP: 14.202.158.121
Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote k3nny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with specifying the unit and more
    Posted: 30/Sep/2016 at 10:36
So i bought a double din headunit for my hyundai i45. It only came with the facia and a cable. 
I dont know anything about it and was hoping guys here could help. 

Few things. 
1st and most annoying thing. When watching videos from SD card (only can watch up to 360p, any higher will result in distortion and broken image/audio), the unit adjusts the volume by itself. 
This problem is directly connected to the steering wheel buttons issue. 
When trying to "teach" the stereo, what each button on the wheel should do, it overwrites the previous setting. 
As i understand, unit gets just one single signal from the buttons, just diffrent strenght (i.e volume up button takes 3-4 seconds to recognize, mode button in the other hand is immediate when trying to teach the system. 
And now, this is causing me problems. Because of something, the headunit gets "button press" reading from time to time when watching videos and acts as the buttons were signed to (all buttons do the same thing from adjusting volume one way, or pick/end call etc). 
Now i don't know if this is the issue with the cables provided or the unit itself. I would want to hard reset it, just to try again and see if it still does that. Or maybe there are some updates available ? 
If yes, how to update it?

And now another thing, that MAY be related to the button issue described above. The startup/loading logo is a volkswagen icon. I have a hyundai. Perhaps the unit was meant to be used on a vw instead of a hyundai? Is this something a hard reset would fix? 
How to edit the icon anyway? Only option in the menu is the vw and i have no idea how to add more there. 

Right now i have two pictures of the menu. Maybe someone can share some information about the device i have. If needed, i can take some more pictures tomorrow.
All i know is that it runs on winCE 6. I accessed it with total commander, but it's in chinese, so i didn't mess around too much. 

sophia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
- IP: 116.25.98.84
CHINA
Post Options Post Options   Quote sophia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/Oct/2016 at 08:00
Hello,

Where did you order this unit? It seems that this unit isn't a XTRONS unit. As different unit may have different settings, so I think you may need to go to your direct seller to find more information.

Best Regards,
Sophia
 Post Reply Post Reply