Xtrons Car DVD Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login 

PB7690BAP Memory reset and other isses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
- IP: 5.150.98.14
Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote femilovechild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PB7690BAP Memory reset and other isses
    Posted: 23/Mar/2017 at 16:15
Hello, new member here. I know this questions might have been asked a million times, but here goes. 

Bought a PB7690BAP for my BMW E90 318i series and installed it following instructions on YouTube. Everything is fine (HU powers on with ignition on and powers off with ignition off) except the memory issue. I have NOT swapped the red and yellow cables on the wiring harness as shown in some instructions, but left it as delivered. My question is two-fold; If I connect the long yellow cable to a 12V permanent live on my fusebox, will it cure the memory issue without me having to reverse the red and yellow connectors on the harness or do I need to do this also? Secondly, what is the recommended fuse amp rating I can connect the long cable to without killing my car battery?

The other issue is the door open warning which I am not getting when I open the door.

Lastly, I cannot get the EasyConnected app to work. I use an Android 6 phone with USB debugging on, but like a lot of people, I get the waiting for the interconnection service to start error. I have tried both USB and wireless, same result. I have also installed different versions of the EasyConnected app, same result.

Your help will be appreciated.
I come in peace...
sophia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

- IP: 223.197.162.206
Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote sophia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Mar/2017 at 03:20
Hi,

please connect the long yellow cable to constant 12V power supply, or no memory will be kept.

please go to Settings - factory settings - 126 (password) - ok -CANbus, choose the option 24 BMW to see if it can be worked.

for the easy connected app, please install the provided corresponding app, and try other smartphone to see if it can be worked.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjrY0uqbW_kBgwfSIa1F9aAV_2i_

Best Regards.
femilovechild View Drop Down

- IP: 90.255.7.146
UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote femilovechild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Mar/2017 at 15:43
So i did as you said Yellow cable to constant 12V using a fuse tap. Didnt work. Will not hold memory. CANbus was already on option 24 BMW. Chose another, then revert back to 24 BMW. Didn't work. Lastly, the EasyConected app too did not work. The version already installed was newer than the one you sent. I uninstalled the one on the HU, installed your version, still didn't work. i have reinstalled newer version back now. So, all in all, my problems have not been solved. Cry
I come in peace...
sophia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

- IP: 223.197.162.206
Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote sophia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Mar/2017 at 04:29
Hi,

i have sent you PM, please have a check.

Best Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply