Xtrons Car DVD Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login 

td618as no sound and resetting time and date

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
- IP: 86.154.126.251
UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote odraude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: td618as no sound and resetting time and date
    Posted: 26/Apr/2017 at 11:38
Hi there, 
I wonder if someone can help me.
I have just bought a brand new td618as and installed it into my Mitsubishi L200 using the factory fitted wiring loom into the harness which came with the new stereo. All functions appear to be working properly but there are two issues, one being that there is no sound whatsoever coming out of the speakers and every time I turn the car off the date and time are reset to 2012.  The bluetooth and wifi settings are still saved though. I have changed stereos twice in this car and it has always been as simple as plugging and playing. Sound working as soon as you turn the radio on. 
Do i need to change any of the wiring? 
I appreciate any help.

Tks

Ed
sophia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

- IP: 223.197.162.206
Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote sophia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Apr/2017 at 03:40
Hi Ed,

for the sound issue, please confirm back if all function have no sound, like radio, DVD and music.

as for the time, please set the time zone to where you are in, and the time will automatically corrected once gps receives signal.

Best Regards
odraude View Drop Down

- IP: 86.154.126.251
UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote odraude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Apr/2017 at 10:54
Hi there, 
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, i can confirm that there is no sound at all. I've used google maps, radio, dvd, phone calls and none of these work with sound.

I have taken a few pictures of the wiring but cannot upload for some reason.
sophia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote sophia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Apr/2017 at 04:11
Hi,

please check if there is amplifier on your car.

please output one pair of the audio cables to other speaker or device to see if there is sound, if still has no sound, then it should be unit faulty.

Best Regards
odraude View Drop Down

- IP: 86.143.100.50
UNITED KINGDOM
Post Options Post Options   Quote odraude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2017 at 14:22
Hi Sophia, 
Thanks for getting back to m again.
I've spoken to Mitsubishi and they say that the car does have an amplifier built in.
The other problem that i got now is that the unit won't turn on after i switched back to by sony cd player.
please help ¬!!!

Rgds

Ed
sophia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote sophia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2017 at 06:42
Hi,

please check if there is 12V power on the red wire ACC and B+ to the GND, if both have power, then check the fuse, if everything is fine, then it should be unit faulty, if there is no power, then it should be incorrect wiring.

if your original car has built-in amplifier, then you need to modify the wiring according to your car's structure, please find a car shop to modify the wiring for you.

Best Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply