Xtrons Car DVD Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login 

TB706APL - ipod capability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
- IP: 108.246.254.113
Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Quote cabasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TB706APL - ipod capability
    Posted: 19/Jul/2017 at 05:53
i've installed this model into my vehicle and purchased a factory usb adapter connector to interface the unit with my armrest-mounted usb port. this is all working as expected (devices plugged into this port are showing up as a storage device to the head unit) but whenever I plug an ipod into this, it's also showing up in usb mass storage mode. the factory ipod app continues to operate as if an ipod is not present. (appears momentarily, then slides off-screen)

i've checked that ipod mode is enabled in factory settings. is there something else that needs to be done?

it looks like some other units offer a special non-usb ipod accessory cable, but i didn't see anything like that available for this unit, nor a special ipod-specific connection on the back. anybody have any ideas?
sophia View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
- IP: 202.155.245.150
HONG KONG
Post Options Post Options   Quote sophia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Jul/2017 at 09:33
Hi,
The iPod function on our units won’t work with the particular adapter cable provided from the manufacturer, but now the cable is not in stock, so we disable this feature, and we don’t mention iPod in the item description until we have the cable.
Thanks for your understanding
Diana

Post Reply Post Reply